Sunday, May 7, 2023

Progressing old work

 I have been playing with this  fabric for a very long time. I enjoyed playing around with it in the early days; I enjoyed stitching it so much; I enjoyed displaying it; and I enjoyed cutting it down

I think I had actually forgotten these little pouches existed until I was moving boxes of fabric around and found them in my work bag. It was a welcome reunion and I tried to recall where I was up to, and what I had planned for the next steps.

I think I had finished stitching this one...



 But these were still pinned so I figured I was supposed to do more. Finish off the edges maybe? But the black one might have been finished?


They looked lovely lumped together like this... I remain very fond of them!


I found buttons and made some twisted cords from embroidery thread.



Sharp eyes might have noticed that the bottom right cord is different to the others. I will share the journey (thanks to Liz) on Tuesday.

But for now the pouches are stitched and finished and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do very much like the neutral colors in that last cord! ... which reminds me, I need to work on the project for which my cord was intended

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such fun and look terrific. I'm very encouraged to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.