Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The changing days of Armadale

 For some reason I didn't blog too much about the cottage and the landscape whilst we were there. We ended up coming home a few weeks early so perhaps I just didn't get into a proper rhythm.

However, I just love the landscape of where we live and here are some of its many moods...

The sheep are such large part of the place - the livelihood of many.


Our wee cottage from across the way on one of those bluebird sky days.


Looking out our bedroom window down to Armadale Bay.


Stunning turquoise at the cove.


Fencelines and russet, and gentle sunrise colours


Glorious contrast of bracken and blue.


We live in blanket bog country - a wonder of the universe.  Here is what some of the bog looks like close-up - a kaleidoscope of colour.


The light, the light.






My favourite fishing huts.


As I settle back into things here, I realise there is still much to share and show of our time away, so I will go back and forth a bit between making and re-visiting.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Fiona! I particularly like the boggy bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D - isn't that bog a miracle??? So many thousands of years of forests are in there, capturing so much carbon for us; and part of it is this magic. My mind boggles each and every time. Go well.

      Delete
  2. I never imagined bog plants looking like that ... and goodness, each one of these landscapes begs to be painted (which I fully intend to point out to Don) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. F - always gorgeous to be there and just immerse oneself in the quiet beauty. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such splendid colors and perspectives and, as you say, the light, the light.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.